PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE IFEED WEBSITE.
Who we are and what this agreement does
- COVENTRY UNIVERSITY (“University”) a higher education corporation whose registered office is at Priory Street, Coventry CV1 5FB.
license you to use:
- the ifeed website and the information, films, photos and graphics contained within it
as permitted in these terms.
YOU MUST BE 18 TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS/PARENTAL ACCEPTANCE
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms or, if you are a parent, you consent to these terms on behalf of any users for which you have parental responsibility or guardianship.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the University has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’ to process your personal information. The Privacy and Cookie Notice explains in detail what to expect when the University collects your personal information and forms part of these terms and conditions. You are encouraged to read the policy.
OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The website can be viewed on any device, and using any standard browser (e.g. internet explorer, safari, chrome, firefox). If you are experiencing difficulty please check you are using the latest version of the browser available to you. If you still experience technical difficulties please contact us (email@example.com).how to tell us about problems
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think the App or the Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason please email project lead firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of the content of concern and the nature of your concern.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce OR for testing and development purposes.
We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in app with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next view the website.
If you do not accept the notified changes then you are no longer permitted to use the website.
UPDATE TO THE WEBSITE AND CHANGES TO THE SERVICE
From time to time we may update the website improve performance, update content, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. If someone else owns the phone or device you are using
If you view the website on any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
WE MAY COLLECT TECHNICAL DATA ABOUT YOUR DEVICE AND DATA YOU UPLOAD AS PART OF THE SERVICE
By using website you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you view the website on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you. You also agree to us using any data or material you upload to the App and grant us a non-exclusive royalty free license to use such data or material for research purposes.
WE MAY COLLECT LOCATION DATA
Certain Services including ifeed may make use of location data sent from your devices. If you use these Services, you consent to us and our affiliates’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based products and services.
You may stop us collecting such data at any time by turning off the location services settings on your phone or browser. On iOS devices go to Settings, Privacy and switch Location Services to off.
On Android devices open the App Drawer and go to Settings, scroll down and tap Location. Scroll down again and tap Google Location Settings, tap Location Reporting and then switch the slider to off.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER WEBSITES YOU LINK TO
The website may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. These are for your convenience only. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not copy the website, or its content, including, films, graphics, images or text, other than for personal use, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the website, nor permit the website or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the website on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the website nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the website to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the website or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without the Licensor’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the website or any Service.
ACCEPTABLE USE RESTRICTIONS
- not use the website or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the website, or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the website, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the website;
- not use the website in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in the website throughout the world belong to us[(or our licensors) and the rights in website are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, website other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
We do not warrant that the website or the services will perform as expected, be error free or will not be interrupted from time to time.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation in an aggregate amount not to exceed £50. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not liable for business losses. The website is for domestic and private use. If you use the website for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Limitations to the website and the Services. The websiteis provided for general information purposes only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the website or the Service. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the website and the Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for the website or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any Services you have paid for but not received.
WE MAY END YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE APP AND THE SERVICES
We may end your rights to use the website and Services at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way, or at any other time in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to update the website and the Service, or cease to update the App or the Service, at any time and from time to time.
If you have broken these terms, and what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use the website and Services:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the website and any Services.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
YOU NEED OUR CONSENT TO TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS TO SOMEONE ELSE
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
NO RIGHTS FOR THIRD PARTIES
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
IF A COURT FINDS PART OF THIS CONTRACT ILLEGAL, THE REST WILL CONTINUE IN FORCE
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
EVEN IF WE DELAY IN ENFORCING THIS CONTRACT, WE CAN STILL ENFORCE IT LATER
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
WHICH LAWS APPLY TO THIS CONTRACT AND WHERE YOU MAY BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.